Cookies & Internet Advertising
. See below for information on how to modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether. You may also adjust Nextag cookies settings by clicking the link below.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded onto a device when the user accesses Nextag. Among other things, cookies are used to differentiate one user from another user and pass information from webpage to webpage during your use of Nextag. Cookies allow Nextag to recognize and remember your preferences, customize your search results based on your prior searches, serve you with relevant advertisements based on your shopping history and track general usage of the Nextag sites.
What type of information is collected by Nextag?
A list of the cookies used on Nextag is provided below. Examples of the types of information collected and their usage are:
|Examples of Data Type||Examples of Usage|
|The products searched for and products and pages viewed|
- Personalizing your search results, so that your search results reflect your interests
- Personalizing advertisements, so that the advertisements that we show you are relevant to products that you may be interested in
- Aggregate statistical purposes, for example, to determine which products are relevant for a search, which products are related, etc.
|Your viewing preferences|
- Implementing your preferences, for example:
- if you indicate that you would like to see 60 products per page instead of our standard 30, we would remember this preference through a cookie
- if you indicate that you do not want to see products or images of an adult nature, we would remember this setting through a cookie
|The number of pages that you viewed|
- Analyzing usage of the site for our internal purposes, such as to determine if changes to our site make it more or less useful for users
|The site, if any, that referred you to Nextag|
- Aggregate analysis to understand and credit partners who refer users to us
Internet-based Ads From Nextag
When you visit Nextag or a non-Nextag website you may see ads targeted to your interests. Nextag may use your shopping history to tailor ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. If you prefer not to see ads that are tailored to your interests, you can control Nextag's use of this information by opting out here
Cookies Adjustments Through Browser Settings
Your internet Browser gives you the ability to prevent your browser from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a new cookie. Click this link
for more information about how to adjust your browser settings.